Fendt Loadsensing-Pro or Fendt Tractor Implement Management (TIM)-Pro functions are now optionally available for the Fendt Rotana Xtra round baler models, because of which the Rotana round balers now allow for bale analysis by weight and moisture. Additionally, some processes have been automated.
New function packages can be selected depending on the equipment of the tractor. The new options include the following applications:
- Moisture analysis – on the bale chamber’s inner wall, the bale chamber permanently measure the moisture of the material during baling. This is associated with a moisture alarm in the terminal which sounds when a specified moisture limit is exceeded. Baling at high moisture levels is prevented to reduce the risk of bales spoiling in storage.
- Weighing – three weighing cells on the machine determine the exact weight of the pressed bale. The machine compares the total weight of the round baler before and after bale ejection, to avoid incorrect measurements on cropped terrain; the calculated difference corresponds to the bale weight, and factors such as a subsequently inserted netting roll have no influence on the measurement result. Repeated calibration of the weighing cells is not necessary.
- Automation of the bale ejection process – the new Auto Tailgate function opens the tailgate automatically immediately after binding. When the bale leaves the chamber, the tailgate closes as quickly as possible to reduce friction on the chamber wall. For TIM-capable tractors, the TIM Auto Stop function is also available,, meaning the tractor stops automatically as soon as the bale is wrapped. Afterwards, activating the joystick is enough to start driving again.
- Automatic cleaning of the knife slots – the swing-out blades are automatically swung in and out to keep the knife slots clean. Therefore, the combination is immediately ready for use when changing from uncut hay or straw bales to silage bales.
- Edge layer optimisation function – the thickness of a bale’s edge layer can be individually adjusted via the baler’s terminal. This increases the stability of each baler against external influences such as storage and transport.
- Automatic bearing lubrication – a specially designed tunnel guides the lubrication lines safely and securely to the hard-to-reach rollers, to effectively protect the lines from fatigue.
- LED maintenance lights – LED lights illuminate the area under the baler’s side panels, so maintenance work can be carried out directly in the field.
The new Pro functions for the Fendt Rotana round balers can be ordered and delivered now.