Vicon is introducing the possibility of using its GEOSPREAD range as a front-rear combination disc spreader; increasing the total spreader capacity up to 6,000 or 7,000 litres, as well as enabling the spreading of two different applications in one pass.
Additional features and upgrades to the GEOSPREAD range will include:
- The rear bumper can be opened for easier cleaning and machine management
- New mudguard designs allow for better spreading disc protection
- Duplex lift vanes are now included, with the option of a Chromium carbide coating layer, for increased wear resistance
- The gearbox has a new bearing setup and paint technology; for reduced corrosion and wear risk
- The RO-M GEOSPREAD model now comes as standard with 2.5 tonne weigh cells, for better accuracy in weighing and spreading patterns
- Front and rear spreaders provide an improved tractor weight balance, for reduced ground pressures and less soil compaction
Precision, accuracy and productivity
The Vicon spreaders measure the physical properties of each batch of fertiliser, with the shaker box and litre weight, to determine the granule size distribution and specific weight (kg/l).
Using the interactive app, website, or AutosetApp on the Isomatch Tellus terminals, operators can find the optimal advice for each type of fertiliser – for precision and accuracy in spreading patterns.
With the Variable Rate Application on all the Vicon GEOSPREAD spreaders, via ISOBUS terminals, it is possible to automatically adjust the application rate separately from the front and rear spreader. The MULTIRATE option applies multiple rates within a working width, independently from the front and rear spreader, for optimal precision.
“Spreading is all about precision,” says marketing manager Linda Segers. “You want to be sure that the product which is applied is perfectly dispersed, giving value from every granule, even at high driving speed.”
“The GEOSPREAD spreader allows users to quickly and easily optimise the spreader settings after measuring the actual properties of each batch of fertiliser, instead of generic fertiliser properties that other spreaders use. This results in a more precise configuration of the GEOSPREAD spreader and leads to a much more precise nutrient distribution and spreading pattern.”
Pavel Dvořák, product application specialist, continued: “By using the front-rear spreader combination, the nutrition accuracy will be increased by spreading two different fertilisers in one pass.”
“Instead of spreading a blend, it is possible to apply two fertilisers with different physical properties, both with a correct setting to get a perfect nutrient accuracy and spreading pattern. As a result, there will be an increased yield and more efficient use of the applied fertiliser.”
The Vicon RO-EDW GEODSPREAD intelligent Disc Control (iDC)
From January 2023, the Vicon RO-EDW GEOSPREAD iDC will be available with a completely new user interface. The iDC will incorporate different RPM speeds on the left and right hand side of the disc, for optimal speed adjustments between border spreading and full-field spreading.
Features of the new interface include:
- Pre-sets to save different fertiliser types
- Easy filling mode and limit warning
- Easier service and diagnostics; support of a digital electronic spirit level to level the spreader with the hydraulic top link from the tractor cab