South East Water and Catchment Sensitive Farming (CSF) are collaborating with Kent Wildlife trust and Southern Water to run a free event in Kent, where farmers are invited to learn more about rainwater harvesting and associated funding opportunities.
The workshop, on Friday March 3, 2023, will be held at Marden Cricket and Hockey Club in Tonbridge and will provide practical information and guidance to farmers looking for sustainable funding opportunities.
Presentations led by a panel of expert speakers will be followed by a visit to a beef farm, where attendees can view rainwater harvesting systems in use that South East Water and CSF have part-funded.
The speakers attending the event include:
- Al Stewart, surface water lead at South East Water
- Robin Kelly, Southern Water’s catchment risk management officer
- Alexa Murray-Mujtaba, farmer cluster officer at Kent Wildlife Trust
- Lou Carpenter, local farmer and Marden Farmer Cluster member, will be on hand to facilitate a discussion around what farmers are looking for, when it comes to external advice and funding
- Trayton Pont and Helen Davies, from CSF will clarify current government support packages on offer for farmers and growers.
Each presenter will share the support and advice they are able to offer and explain why their organisation is keen to work with local farmers.
South East Water’s Al Stewart said that the company is looking to provide farmers with support and solutions that benefit the quality and quantity of water, the local environment and farm productivity: “By joining forces with other local experts, we’re pooling our resources and knowledge to provide a collaborative and holistic approach to improving both water resources and the environment. Not only will the event provide farmers with advice and funding opportunities, it’ll also demonstrate how storage and nature-based solutions can help build up resilience of supply for people and the environment.”
BASIS recognition: BASIS CPD points will be available for members attending the day.
For further information, or to book online, please visit: Funding and support for sustainable and resilient farming Tickets, Fri 3 Mar 2023 at 10:00 | Eventbrite